Posts

Tuesday 23 February 2016

Saphire Butterflies

Butterfly spot challenge have a new challenge, it's a Butterfly with a Stamp and/or the colour sapphire.
I really fancied winning the prize for using all three options but as I don't often use stamps on my cards, once again I came up with something without. Guess I missed out on that one. 


To make this card I reduced the pattern to 50%. The corner embossing was done by hand using my Crafter's Companion
 
and up close
 
 
 
 
Supplies:
             Sentiment:  Stitching cards Words wishes art nouveau
Thread: Colour codes and brands unknown
crafter's Companion
Flat backed gems
card stock: 160gsm in white
paper: 80gsm in red or blue
 

3 comments:

  1. These are both lovely. Rest assured your card will have a chance in the main draw for using the colour sapphire. Thankyou for fluttering by my challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very pretty, it really makes a change to see some stitching. The beads make lovely bodies too. I've stored away the idea of the angled embossing!
    It is good to see you over at the Butterfly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your beautiful butterflies and the scorelines in the corner, Glenda!!! So lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete