Posts

Saturday 26 September 2015

Circles

Boy has it been hot. Thursday was a public holiday so schools got Friday off too. I went to a Garden Show about 45 mins from my home town and this place was scorching. 36 degrees when we arrived at 10am and up to 43 at midday. Hope this isn't an indication of what summer is going to be!
The new challenge at  CASology  is circles

 
 and here is my card
 

I stitched the butterfly onto a circle and then placed a thin fishing line over the back and backed it with a second circle.
I cut a larger circle out of the yellow card front and a smaller piece of card stock in the same yellow colour as the card. I then lined the fishing line up onto the yellow card, secured it and stuck the second pink piece down to neaten it.
To complete I outlined the larger circle with some glitter.

I will also be entering this over at Share joy challenge where the cue is


My Inspiration

Source:Debra Simonis


Supplies:
Thread: Colour code and brand unknown
Thin fishing line
Die: Sizzix 8 circle die
Cuttlebug
Derivan Kindy Glitz in Crystalina
Three clear flat backed gems


 


2 comments:

  1. Oh, Glenda - this is lovely! The shimmer from the stitching and the movement of the suspended circle will make this a keepsake for someone! So glad you joined us at CASology this week! I always love to see your beautiful stitched cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Ardyth! This is a beautifully constructed card, and it is always a pleasure to see your amazing stitching each week! Also love that glitter around the edge of the circle. Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete