Posts

Sunday 3 May 2015

Flight

When I saw the new cue card over at CASology which is 


I knew immediately which pattern I had to stitch. It is one of a couple of new acquisitions and this was the perfect opportunity to make it.


I choose to do the dragonfly wings in a rayon thread as it has a sheen to it. Even though the flower is meant to be a dandelion I had seen this pattern stitched with the purple flower and decide to copy that. To complete I added some 'glitter' to the edges of the topper.

Supplies:
Pattern: Prick 'n Stitch. Dragonfly and dandelion
Thread: Silver DMC E168
             Purple: DMC 3837
             Blue: Rayon 3325
             Green 0254
Card stock: white 160gsm
Foam squares
Derivan 3D Kindyglitz in Glt. Crystalina

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that is some seriously amazing stitching! Gorgeous design, gorgeous colors, great glittery edges, too! So glad you joined in the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a work of art! I can only reinforce what Judy has already said! I am envious of your ability to stitch like that! I really love how those dandelion seeds have taken flight also! Adds such interest. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!! Your card is so beautiful and unique!!! I would definitely like to frame it. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology. Hugs, May

    ReplyDelete