Posts

Thursday 27 November 2014

A couple of centimetres

It's amazing the difference a couple of centimetres can make. I have been doing a fair amount of sewing lately and I wasn't happy with the dress I'm working on at the moment. PM (that's my darling Husband) thought it looked "very pretty" but to me it just hung. When I initially tried the bodice on for size it felt a bit tight around the waist so I have let it out by 4cms. Now that I have attached the skirt  it seemed to lack shape, so stifling my irritation I unpicked the waist and took it in by just 2cms and voila I'm a happy camper now. Sometimes it's just worth the effort.

Today's cards weren't any where near as much effort. If fact the first one of the three happened because I was showing a friend how to do hand dry embossing. Once the first butterfly had been embossed it seemed like a waste to throw the card stock away and so this design was born. I liked it so much that I tried two other designs for dry embossing.

Butterflies


Dragonflies


  and tulips.


I added some glitter glue to draw attention to the embossed image.

Supplies:
Pattern: 101 Ideas for Embroidery on paper by Erica Fortgens
Thread: Scraps
Butterfly punch
Stencils: no Brand name just set 3 written on them
Bostick glitter glue in silver or gold

No comments:

Post a Comment